Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rome



















McHandsomepants and I spent Easter in Rome. The most religious holiday of the year in one of the most religious city's in the world. Good choice.
We are not religious at all! I just liked the idea of eating pizza for a week and getting some sun.

The weather was a welcome change. I was so overjoyed to be walking around outside wearing a T-shirt and sandals. I even have a criss-cross tan on my feet - It makes me happy to look down and see it.

To be honest, the pizza and pasta that we ate in Rome isn't worth reporting on. We have eaten better pizza here in Copenhagen! We mostly ended up finding cheap restaurants selling Margherita pizza's for 5 Euro and drinking water we had in our backpack.

We did all the touristy things. It took up the week quite well really. We even had a day spare to re-visit our favourite places. Colosseum, Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Villa Borghese, Vatican City and we even went to the zoo.

It was such a nice week, even though the bed at the hostel was hard as a rock and my man got sick from McDonald's (of all places) - But it's nothing Gelato can't fix.

f.